Tax with Max: The age pension balancing act

The age pension balancing act, deceased estates, and more.

Many retirees employ a strategy – one assumes after first getting some form of professional advice – of ensuring their level of income is such that they can get a part pension and hence the apparent “golden ring” of the health care card.  When does this strategy become economically viable? That is, what is the health care card worth in terms of foregone income?


SMS Code Sent…

Hi {{ user.FirstName }}

Looks like you've already taken a free trial

Please enter your payment details

We have sent you a code via SMS to {{user.DayPhone}}

please enter this code below to activate your membership

If you didn't receive SMS code please

Looks you are already a member. Please enter your password to proceed

Please untick this box when using a public or shared device

Verify your mobile number to unlock a FREE trial

Please sign up for full access

Updating information

Please wait ...

  • Mastercard
  • Visa

Related Articles