Do you hold just one or two of the bank hybrids? There is a common misconception among people that using hybrid investments is a safer alternative to cash, but hybrids are not without risk. A diversified approach could be a better option.
InvestSMART have launched a diversified model portfolio of hybrids, comprised of ASX listed debt and preference securities. The aim for this model portfolio is to achieve a return 3% above the RBA cash rate.
Join Head of Portfolio Services and Analyst, Mitchell Sneddon, and Head of Funds Management, Alastair Davidson, as they talk about our new portfolio, which hybrids made the cut, and answer your questions.
Topics covered include:
· Estimated annual income and how you can receive it
· The difference between hybrid structures
· Why diversification in hybrids is important
· The risks associated with hybrids
· And have your questions answered