BEGINNERS (1 point each)
1. On which temperature scale is 212 degrees the boiling point of water?
2. What is sometimes referred to as Adam's ale?
3. Which TV talent show has returned after last appearing in 1988?
4. In which sport might you perform an Eskimo roll?
5. The island of Zanzibar is off the coast of which continent?
INTERMEDIATE (2 points each)
6. Andre Ampere gave his name to a unit of what?
7. What was the first name of John Travolta's character in Grease?
8. What was Australian tennis great Ken Rosewall's nickname?
9. Which pain-reliever was developed by George Nicholas in 1917?
10. Which TV show, still running, premiered on Channel Seven on March 18, 1985?
ADVANCED (3 points each)
11. What is the more common name for dyspepsia?
12. Who is the Yellow Wiggle returning to The Wiggles after five years?
13. What piece of racing history did Fighting Force, Ark Royal and Pandie Sun make in 1956?
14. Which is the only silent film to have won an Academy Award for best picture?
15. Which author was knighted after serving as a doctor in the Boer War and writing in its support?
ANSWERS: 1. Fahrenheit 2. Water 3. Young Talent Time 4. Kayaking 5. Africa 6. Electrical current (Amp) 7. Danny 8. Muscles 9. Aspro 10. Neighbours 11. Indigestion 12. Greg Page 13. Australia's first triple dead-heat 14. Wings 15. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle