Save on managed funds & insurance with TrailCap
Switch in minutes, save on managed funds & insurance year after year
If you have managed fund investments or life insurance, then you're likely to be paying a commission to your adviser or broker, even if you haven't spoken to them in years. And you'd be paying them not just once, but year after year.
Called a trailing commission or trail, this annual fee is paid by the fund manager or life insurance company to your adviser. Depending on the fund or insurance policy you choose and the size of your investment or cover, this trail can add up to thousands of dollars every year.
If you invested in a managed fund or purchased life insurance, income protection or TPD through a financial adviser, they possibly receive the trail.
But at InvestSMART, we share the trail with you.
Who can save with TrailCap?
Managed funds held with the following managers may be eligible for the benefits of TrailCap...
- Advance Asset Management Limited
- AMP Capital Investors Limited
- AMP Life Limited
- Australian Unity Funds Management Ltd
- AXA-National Mutual Funds Management Ltd
- BlackRock Investment Mgmt (AUS) Ltd
- BT Funds Management Ltd
- Colonial First State Investments Limited
- Fidante Partners Limited
- Hunter Hall Investment Management Ltd
- Macquarie Investment Management Limited
- Man Investments Australia Ltd
- MLC Investments Limited
- MLC Limited
- OnePath Funds Management Limited
- Perpetual Investment Management Ltd
As at 30 June 2015, Life insurance, Income protection or Trauma cover (TDP) held with the following insurance companies may be eligible for the benefits of TrailCap...
- AIA Insurance
- TAL Insurance
- Zurich Insurance
The TrailCap program is only applicable to those funds managers or life insurance companies listed above. It does not apply to any wholesale managed funds, or managed funds or insurance companies/policies which do not pay InvestSMART a trailing commission.
How we help you save?
At InvestSMART, our upfront trail is capped at $300 a year. For every dollar in trailing commissions we receive after that, we give 50 percent back to you as an annual payment.
That can make a big difference over time - especially if you and your family have more than one managed fund investment or insurance policy. Here's an example of how a couple with a super fund and life insurance could save with InvestSMART's TrailCap:
|Investor/Policy holder||Invested Amount/Cover||Fund manager/Insurance company||Annual trailing commission|
|Daniel||$20,000||BT Funds Management||$100|
|$17,500||Colonial First State||$87.50|
|Daniel and Kate's super fund||$160,000||AMP||$800|
|Daniel's life insurance policy||$580,000||AIA||$580|
|Total trailing commissions||$2,017.50|
|Less $300 cap||$1,717.50|
|This is a hypothetical example based on the experiences of real InvestSMART clients. It does not represent any particular individual.|
Start saving now
It only takes minutes to switch your existing managed funds or life insurance policy to InvestSMART, but you can enjoy the savings year after year:
- Fill in our fast online form (for managed funds)
Download our Broker form (for insurance)
Print the form, then sign it and send it by:
firstname.lastname@example.org 880 260InvestSMART Financial Services
Reply Paid 4477
Sydney NSW 2001
- You'll start saving straight away. And once every year, on the anniversary of when you switched to InvestSMART, you'll receive your trail commission rebate, either as a cheque or via electronic fund transfer (EFT).
- To receive your TrailCap payments via electronic fund transfer (EFT) to an Australian bank account - just complete the EFT section in the online application form.