BEGINNERS (1 point each)
1. Which is the only Australian state capital not named after a person?
2. The accounting company MYOB stands for what?
3. Is a ginger cat more likely to be male or female?
4. Sigourney Weaver plays Ellen Ripley in which franchise of science fiction films?
5. Which type of fruit is dried to produce a sultana?
INTERMEDIATE (2 points each)
6. On which date of this year did the carbon tax come into action?
7. Who is the founding member of Pakistan's Movement for Justice Party?
8. Which Seattle band released their debut album Ten in 1991?
9. Which country includes the Peloponnese?
10. What is an actor who learns another actor's part as a backup called?
ADVANCED (3 points each)
11. The abbreviation i.e. stands for which Latin phrase meaning "that is"?
12. In which Australian state or territory was Mick Jagger's mother born?
13. Which kind of coolant is used in a fast reactor?
14. Eugene the Jeep featured in which comic strip?
15. How many times did Allan Moffat win Bathurst?
ANSWERS: 1. Perth 2. Mind Your Own Business 3. Male 4. Alien 5. Grape 6. July 1 7. Imran Khan 8. Pearl Jam 9. Greece 10. Understudy 11. Id est 12. NSW 13. Sodium 14. Popeye 15. Four