Skin in the game - Porter's Five Forces, Challenger, Tinybeans, Pushpay
Join Nathan and Alex as they discuss some current examples to explain how to use Porter's Five Forces in your investment process.
Skin in the Game is a weekly podcast by InvestSMART with Portfolio Managers Nathan Bell and Alex Hughes. Each week they chat about stocks in the news, economic events, markets, portfolio management and holdings and changes in their respective portfolios. If you have any questions you would like answered in future episodes, please send us an email to email@example.com or add a comment below.
00:31 – Thoughts on Atomos (AMS)
04:07 – Views on Challenger (CGF)
06: 52 – Thoughts on 3PL (3PL)
08:41 – Mach7 technologies (M7T) and iSignthis (ISX)
15:20 - Tinybeans (TNY)
19:08 - Pushpay (PPH)
21:42 – Porters 5 forces
- Threat of New Entrants – Barriers to entry; technology reducing these; Deere has very high barriers; Distribution is more important than having the best mousetrap;
- Threat of Substitute Products or Services – Switching costs for Afterpay very low;
- Bargaining Power of Buyers – Individuals have none; Appen has two large customers;
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers – Companies that rely on rare sources, like lithium;
- Competitive Rivalry Among Existing Firms – UK banking sector
Join the Conversation...
There are comments posted so far.