Ask Max: Your questions answered

Capital gains tax on corporate trustee transfers, related parties, and resident vs non-resident tax treatments.

My wife and I have a small SMSF, with both of us acting as individual trustees. This was done to save money at the time of establishment of the SMSF. Now that our position is evolving, the SMSF is growing, there are multiple investments, and my wife is not especially investment focussed, we would like to change to a corporate trustee and probably bring in one of children as trustee/director.


{{ twilioFailed ? 'SMS Code Failed to Send…' : 'SMS Code Sent…' }}

Hi {{ user.FirstName }}

Looks like you've already taken a free trial

Please enter your payment details

We have sent you a code via SMS to {{user.DayPhone}}

please enter this code below to activate your membership

We cannot send you a code via SMS to {{user.DayPhone}}

If you didn't receive SMS code please

SMS code cannot be sent due to: {{ twilioStatus }}

Please select one of the options below:

Looks you are already a member. Please enter your password to proceed

Please untick this box when using a public or shared device

Verify your mobile number to unlock a FREE trial

Please sign up for full access

Updating information

Please wait ...

  • Mastercard
  • Visa

The email address you entered is registered with InvestSMART.

Please login or select "Don't know password"

Please untick this box when using a public or shared device

Register as a new member

(using a different email)

Related Articles