Take control of your financial future
Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) are the fastest growing sector of the Australian superannuation market, accounting for three dollars in every ten invested in super today. And it’s easy to see why.
Investing through an SMSF gives you a wider range of investment options, including direct shares and property, with complete control over how and when your savings are invested.
You choose when to buy, when to hold and when to sell, so you have the flexibility to change your strategy when new opportunities arise or when your circumstances change.
And as long as you have a reasonably high level of super savings (generally $200,000 or more) an SMSF can be very cost-effective — so you can spend more on investments and less on fees.
But that doesn’t mean SMSFs are for everyone. As the fund trustee, you not only have to manage its assets, you also have to create and update a written investment strategy, document investment decisions, keep up to date with legislative changes, and regularly complete large amounts of paperwork, from BASs to member statements. And the penalties for non-compliance can be severe.
So it pays to do your homework and get good advice.
Trading for your SMSF with InvestSMART
InvestSMART helps you access a huge range of investment opportunities for your SMSF:
- Shares: low-cost direct share investments, from as little as $19.95 a trade.
- Managed funds: over 2,000 managed funds to choose from, including wholesale funds not usually available to DIY investors.
- Property: find the fastest growing and highest yielding suburbs in your state and around Australia.
- Fixed Interest Securities: ASX-traded securities that offer the stability of a regular, fixed income.
- Warrants: leveraged share investments for SMSFs.
To start trading for your SMSF with an InvestSMART share trading account:
Make sure that:
- Your SMSF is registered with the Australian Taxation Office.
- You’ve sought independent advice to make sure an SMSF is right for you.
Open a trading account in the name of your SMSF. Download, print, and send us your InvestSMART trading account application form, together with
- A certified copy of an excerpt of the trust deed, clearly stating the name of the Trust, the trustees and the signatories
- Certified copies of your ID documents
- As soon as your account is open, we’ll send you a confirmation email, and you can get started. It’s as easy as that.